March is the time of year when nature starts to say goodbye to the cold, wet days of Winter. We feel a glimmer of hope that new beginnings are on the horizon and warmer days are near approaching.
Not only does March allow us to enjoy watching daffodils and snowdrops bloom, it also enables us to enjoy the taste of spring, with an abundance of fruit and vegetables, all of which are sprouting their way into the warmer weather.
So what ingredients are best to eat this month?
When it comes to Vegetables:
- Dried fruits.
Fish is also a dish to be enjoyed this season, especially:
At Oakhouse Foods all of our meals are flash-frozen to ensure our products stay fresher for longer so you can be sure to not miss out on tasty, flavoursome seasonal ingredients. If you would like to stock up on some delicious seasonal meals, please see below a list of what we would recommend you try this month:
- Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- Mini Tuna Pasta Bake
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew
- Pork and Leek Sausage Casserole
- Lamb Casserole
- Salmon in White Wine
- Salmon in Watercress
- Creamy Leek Potato Bake
- Mini Leek, Asparagus & Pea Pasta
- Mini Chicken, Sage & Onion Yorkshire Pudding
- Mini Salmon & Broccoli Bake
- Mini Pork & Apple Crumble
- Green Vegetables in Wild Garlic and Herb Butter
- Treacle Pudding with Custard (pack of 2)
- Rhubarb & Custard (pack of 2)
We would love to know what you think!
For more information about our delicious meals and desserts, delivered straight to your door, please visit our website at www.oakhousefooods.co.uk